1911 N. Mills Ave.
Orlando, FL 32803
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati OH. Oculoplastics Fellow, July 2000-June 2001. Dwight R. Kulwin, M.D., Fellowship Director. Robert C. Kersten, M.D. Associate Director
- University of South Florida, Tampa FL. Ophthalmology Resident, July 1997-June 2000. Peter R. Pavan, M.D., Department Chair. 12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., MDC 21 Tampa, FL 33612
- University of Tennessee School of Medicine, Memphis TN. Chattanooga Unit.Transitional Year Intern, July 1996-June 1997. Mukta Panda, M.D., Program Director. Erlanger Medical Center – Medicine Clinic
975 East Third Street. Chattanooga, TN 37403
- M.D., Ph.D., Washington University School of Medicine. St. Louis, Missouri, (Ph.D. in Biochemistry). August 1987-May 1996.
- Medical Scientist Training Program. National Eye Institute Predoctoral Fellowship, 1991-1994. Ellis Award, 1994
- B.S., California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
- Pasadena, California. Major: Biology
Services that Dr. Tarle provides:
- Cosmetic surgery of eyelid and periocular tissues, with emphasis on upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty, to remove and sculpt skin and fat. This also encompasses brow lifting, including endoscopic brow and forehead lifting as well as Botox Cosmetic.
- Surgical treatment of common eyelid disorders including correction of eyelid droop, malposition and retraction; excision of benign and malignant eyelid growths and subsequent eyelid reconstruction.
- Treatment of orbital and periorbital trauma including orbital fractures, eyelid lacerations and tear drainage system injuries.
- Treatment of orbital diseases such as thyroid eye disease, tumors, inflammation and infection.
- Treatment of tear drainage system abnormalities such as tear duct blockage with tearing, infection and dry eyes
- Tarle I, Borhani DW, Wilson DK, Quiocho FA, Petrash, JM. Probing the Active Site of Human Aldose Reductase: Site-directed Mutagenesis of Asp-43, Tyr-48, Lys-77 and His-110. J. Biol. Chem. 1993;268:25687-25693.
- Wilson DK, Tarle I, Petrash JM, Quiocho FA. Refined 1.8 ? Structure of Human Aldose Reductase Complexed with the Potent Inhibitor Zopolrestat. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1993;90:9847-9851.
- Petrash JM, Harter TM, Tarle I, Borhani DW. Kinetic Alteration of Human Aldose Reductase by Mutagenesis of Cysteine Residues. In: Weiner H, ed. Enzymology and Molecular Biology of Carbonyl Metabolism, Vol. 4, New York: Plenum Press; 1993:289-300.
- Petrash JM, Tarle I, Wilson DK, Quiocho FA. Aldose Reductase Catalysis and Crystallography: Insights from Recent Advances in Enzyme Structure and Function. Diabetes 1994;43:955-959.
- Tarle I, Ph.D. Thesis. Probing Structure-Function Relationships at the Active Site of Human Aldose Reductase; St. Louis, Missouri, 1996.
- Valluri S, Fleming TP, Laycock KA, Tarle I, Goldberg MA, Garcia-Ferrer FJ, Essary LR, Pepose JS. In vitro and in vivo effects of polyhexamethylene biguanide against herpes simplex virus infection. Cornea 1997;16(5):556-9.
- Co-author for Malignant Mesenchymoma: Case Report with Review of Literature. Ophthalmology In press
1911 N. Mills Ave.
2257 E. Semoran Blvd.
2065 E. Osceola Parkway
Please also visit us at